apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release apr-util 1.3.11
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:34:29 GMT
On Tuesday 26 April 2011, Rainer Jung wrote:
> +1 although there are still two problems on Solaris 10 for
> test_reslist, but not a regression.
>
> I built and made check on the following platforms:
>
> - Solaris 8 + 10, Sparc
> - SuSE Linux Enterprise 10 32 and 64 Bit
> - RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, 64 Bit
>
> Using all combinations of:
>
> apr 1.3.12 / 1.4.2
> expat builtin / 2.0.1
> dso disable / enable
> Berkeley DB 4.8.30 5.0.26 5.1.19
> sqlite 3.7.2
> mysql 6.0.2 (only Solaris)
> oracle 10.2.0.4.0 (only Solaris)
>
> All builds suceeded, all make check ran fine, except for two cases
> on Solaris 10 (this time not Niagara, but instead old sun4u - V240
> with 2 CPUs).
>
> I reran the tests and couldn't reproduce the problem, so it is not
> deterministic. Out of 48 build combinations on Solaris 10, only
> three had a problem. This is similar to 1.3.10, but it is not
> always the same combinations. Like for 1.3.10 problem happens on
> Solaris 10 but not on Solaris 8.
>
> Details on Solaris 10 test failures
>
> - only in testreslist
> - two types of failures:
>    - twice crashes (segmentation fault)
>    - once non-terminating loop
> - Crashes seem not really related to used apr version (one for 1.3
> and one for 1.4)

I also get undeterministic test failures on the Debian build machines,
mostly hangs in testreslist. It happens on mipsel and sparc much more
often than on the other architectures, and some architectures had no
failure at all. Which compiler are you using? If you are using gcc, it
could be a gcc bug.