apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1084621 - in /apr/apr/trunk/xml: apr_xml.c apr_xml_expat.c apr_xml_internal.h apr_xml_libxml2.c
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:21:32 GMT

On 23 Mar 2011, at 17:53, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM,  <niq@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: niq
>> Date: Wed Mar 23 16:01:12 2011
>> New Revision: 1084621

>> Log:
>> Decouple apr_xml from reliance on Expat
>>
>> Build with expat and it's effectively unchanged.
>> The alternative build with libxml2 is compatible to the point
>> that it passes the test suite, but shouldn't be considered
>> ready for primetime!
>
> how does one build only with expat?

Build TBD.  I guess the easiest fix will be a configure option that
#ifdefs out whichever implementation is not selected.

My builds to date have involved hacking the make.

> without libxml2 dev files, my build starts failing with
>
> xml/apr_xml_libxml2.c:20:27: error: libxml/parser.h: No such file or directory

-I/usr/include/libxml2

There may be other default places to look.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html