apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI on "my" MinGW goals
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:46:53 GMT
Bill,
Am 30.03.2011 02:19, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
> Am 30.03.2011 01:59, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
>> One more thought, I am very curious how your results differ if
>> ./buildconf
>> is done on unix rather than in the wild west universe of mingw.
>>
> pretty much same ...
> http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/build_w32_cross.txt.gz
> not a recent one (few days back) but same - no DLLs
just the minute done a fresh build - at same link:
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/build_w32_cross.txt.gz

and as you can see there now almost all warnings gone, but th eonlyx DDL
build is expat; and that result is 100% same as wih MSYS on Windows ...

seems that those who did the expat configure knew better than those who
did apr/apu ...

well, there's a huge scope for enhancement as it seems .......
also our configure is at best 'unusual'; f.e. I have already compiled a
couple of things successfully on MinGW/MSYS, f.e. such things like
bintuils, libcurl, ...; and I did never come over any other configure
stuff that depends on Python (yet) ...

also I miss a bit good old times 10 years back with the first httpd 2.0
versions when I compiled them on Linux, and just only needed to call
./configure in httpd, and that configure found itself apr, and apr found
itself apr-util, and all went without manual interaction ...
but seems that these times are gone ...
f.e. when I have:
base
     /apr
     /apr-util

why the heck cant apr automatically look for and find ../apr-util if it
depends on it?

Gün.