apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI on "my" MinGW goals
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:40:23 GMT
Am 28.03.2011 20:24, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
> and that seems to work - it skips the useless testing for *mingw* and
> sets the right typedef in apr.h, and the warning is then also gone;
> but not sure if its the right patch ...
with this one and all the other recent fixes apr-1.4.x looks now pretty
good - only 3 warnings remain now with misc/win32/start.c;
I've just build a round with clang to make the issues a bit more clear:
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/build_w32_msys_clang.txt.gz

if whe want to avoid further casts then we probably need to change
wchar_t to apr_wchar_t - but that cant be done unconditionally because
the presense of apr_wchar_t depends on an unicode_fs define ...

Bill, are you in the mood to take a look at this?

regarding the DLL prob:
when I look into the created Makefile then I dont see any target for a
shared library at all - only a target for the static lib exists ...

also I think the whole stuff with creating export*.c files + arp.exp is
nonsense for MingW - instead we should build with the proper defines for
APR_DECLARE* and just link the DLL .. - but unfortunately I am not the
right one to fix it this way with my still limited configure knowledge :-(

Gün.