apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI on "my" MinGW goals
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:29:16 GMT
Jeff,
Am 21.03.2011 14:58, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> * ensure it is viable to use the MinGW toolchain to build APR on
> 1.4.x-trunk for the purpose of (at least) me testing simple fixes and
> running the test suite and using gcc as another perspective on the
> Windows code
> * provide at least some help in the area of reviewing/testing to those
> willing to do the heavy lifting to make this a properly supported
> toolchain
>
> As part of that I anticipate backporting some fixes for MinGW to
> 1.4.x/1.5.x to support this, but with no implication that any code
> line fully/properly supports MinGW.  More people will have to continue
> to help (and perhaps with it in somewhat better shape it will be more
> practical).

how do you call configure? Separately in apr / apr-util, or in apr with
some params?

when I do it separately in apr-util I still get:

Looking for apr source in /home/Administrator/apr-1.4.x/apr
Creating include/private/apu_config.h ...
Creating configure ...
Generating 'make' outputs ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"D:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/Administrator/apr-1.4.x/apr/build/gen-build.py",
line 230, in <module>
     main()
   File
"D:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/Administrator/apr-1.4.x/apr/build/gen-build.py",
line 135, in main
     objects, _unused = write_objects(f, legal_deps, h_deps, files)
   File
"D:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/Administrator/apr-1.4.x/apr/build/gen-build.py",
line 172, in write_objects
     assert file[-2:] == '.c'
AssertionError

this is the same prob which I posted some days back already ...
the assertion happens because the loop gets 2 times an empty value ...
I think I could fix that with copying the whole autostuff from apr-HEAD
into apr-1.4.x (though not sure, its been soem days, and was then
otherwise busy).

Gün.