apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NW oddness
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:36:11 GMT
Bill,
Am 21.03.2011 01:40, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
> Just noticed;
>
>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/xml/expat_config.hnw
>
> It seems awfully strange to have in our apr source tree, as expat is now
> a dependency built separately from apr.
>
> Because it's useful to others to know how we built dependencies, I started
> a practice of putting build-diffs for win32 binary packages underneath
>
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/patches_applied/
>
> and I'm wondering if something similar, at /dist/httpd and/or /dist/apr,
> might not be a better way to approach this fragment for netware?
can you please tell me whats the benefit for the APR projects if you
remove that file from there and put it elsewhere?
This all sounds a little bit to me as if we are going to make it harder
and harder to compile on any non-configure aware platforms, and I'm
asking me why? With last discussion about build whoes on Win32 on
httpd-dev it sounded the opposite that we wanted to make it easier, no?

Gün.