apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr 1.4.3, apr-util 1.3.11
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:21:47 GMT
On 3/14/2011 12:11 PM, Bert Huijben wrote:

>> Sorry to have left it hanging.
>
> As long as it properly fixes the testcase added with this patch, I really don't mind
a better fix.

> Normally you get in this state before starting the application that uses Apr; not from
inside the application (see the original thread from November 2009). So getting in the error
state is not an application error!
> But reproducing it that way would require a more extensive test.

Well, what I want to clarify is that, with this patch, does *your* application
actually work comparing C:/Program Files from c:/progra~1/ from C:\PROGRAM FILES
etc?  If not, this was a mis-application of apr's comparison API.  If it does,
then this fix (or something related, perhaps fixing apr_filepath_get()) might
be more appropriate.