apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: libactivemq-cpp library without apr dll, how?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:09:35 GMT
On 3/7/2011 8:06 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 3/7/2011 7:57 AM, Ming Ruan wrote:
>> We’d like not to use these dll’s, but their equivalent lib’s, i.e.:
>>
>> -	apr-1.lib (or libapr-1.lib?)
>> -	aprutil-1.lib (or libaprutil-1.lib?)
>> -	apriconv-1.lib (or libapriconv-1.lib?)
>>
>> These lib’s are created by our Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express. My
>> question is: how can I make activeMQ-CPP use these lib’s instead of the
>> dll’s?
>
> When compiling... /D APR_STATIC

Sorry, correction...  /D APR_DECLARE_STATIC /D APU_DECLARE_STATIC

apr_iconv interfaces aren't ment for public consumption, that project will
likely be dropped.  apr_xlate interfaces are the ones you would be looking
for, if that's what you need to accomplish.

> When linking... link them (the libapr*.lib files correspond to the .dlls)

And you will also need to link in typical win32 .dll's (kernel32.lib etc).