apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: apr 1.4.3, apr-util 1.3.11
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:32:39 GMT

These examples don't apply to this change.

It just makes "C:\PROGRAM FILES" equivalent to "c:\PROGRAM FILES" in this specific check deep
inside apr_filepath_merge(). Any other change would make it unequal.

It fixes that single letter compare of the drive letter  which caused the merge filepath api
to choke on the example I added as a testcase.

When your current directory happens to be "c:\hello" instead of "C:\hello" then you can't
use apr_filepath_merge() without this patch.

Any application that uses apr_filepath_merge() to get an absolute path from a relative path
is broken.... but only if the current directory before starting the application is based on
a lower case drive letter.

This is not a common condition, but this patch just fixes that specific error condition.

It doesn't alter the comparison of paths.... It fixes an API bug.

	Bert