apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn:eol-style for autoconf stuff
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:11:32 GMT
Am 16.02.2011 16:48, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
> proposal:
> change all *.sh, *.m4, buildconf* and configure* scripts to
> 'svn:eol-style LF'
> result:
> a svn checkout will allways treat these files with LF format regardless
> of what svn thinks is native for the platform, and this seems correct to
> me.
>
> side effect:
> the _only_ side effect would be that it is then _required_ on windows to
> use a developer editor which supports LF formated files for editing
> autoconf files; but I cant imagine that anyone developing on windows
> platform uses an editor which is not aware of LF formatted files. For
> _all_ other platforms there would be no change since they anyway default
> to 'svn:eol-style LF'.

another observation on this topic:
http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt
this config file suggests that we should treat *.ds? files as CRLF, and
this is pretty much same as what I suggested for the autoconf files ...
though at least APR/APU doesnt follow this recommendation, and *.ds?
files are 'svn:eol-style native' in svn repo.
Although I **dont** want to suggest now here that we chance that - *if*
the *.ds? files were 'svn:eol-style CRLF' in svn then our daily
snapshots would work for Windows MSVC users too.

Gün.