apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Time for apr-util-1.4.0?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:13:17 GMT
On 2/10/2011 8:27 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> What's holding us up for a release of apu-1.4.0?

There have been calls for API review, nobody answered them.  I'd vote -1
at this point in time to ship unreviewed API additions and have already
pointed out function argument signature flaws that must be fixed.  (Turns
out apr_dbd was used as the 'model', but apr_dbd itself was flawed in
that respect from its introduction, and should be corrected at 2.0).
Also the apr_crypto_device_ctx should never be passed, it should become
part of the apr_crypto_ctx structure itself.  Stack bytes are much worse
than heap bytes.  And I haven't seen clear feedback of original critics
that their concerns were answered in the most recent refactorings.

Turning the question around, what are you waiting for from apu-1.4.0 and
are you willing to add your review?