apr-dev mailing list archives

From John Poole <jlpool...@gmail.com>
Subject testprocmutex hangs
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:25:50 GMT
May apache instance has been suspended on Gentoo since November 21st,
I've been filing bugs with Gentoo but no activity has occurred.
Basically, Apache starts up with an immediate Segment Fault.

I used the GNU debugger which caused me to believe that the apr package
is the culprit:

plug ~ # gdb /usr/sbin/apache2
GNU gdb (Gentoo 7.0.1 p1) 7.0.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi".
<http://bugs.gentoo.org/>...
Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/apache2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/sbin/apache2

0x402910e4 in apr_palloc () from /usr/lib/libapr-1.so.0
(gdb) quit

I downloaded apr-1.4.2 and ran:
make
make test

During the make test, my session just hangs at:

Trying proc mutexes with mechanism `proc_pthread'...
   Mutex mechanism `proc_pthread' is global in scope on this platform.
Trying global mutexes with mechanism `proc_pthread'...
   no problems encountered...
testatomic          : SUCCESS
testdir             : SUCCESS
testdso             : SUCCESS
testdup             : SUCCESS
testenv             : SUCCESS
testfile            : SUCCESS
testfilecopy        : SUCCESS
testfileinfo        : SUCCESS
testflock           : SUCCESS
testfmt             : SUCCESS
testfnmatch         : SUCCESS
testargs            : SUCCESS
testhash            : SUCCESS
testipsub           : SUCCESS
testlock            : SUCCESS
testcond            : SUCCESS
testlfs             : SUCCESS
testmmap            : SUCCESS
testnames           : SUCCESS
testoc              : SUCCESS
testpath            : SUCCESS
testpipe            : SUCCESS
testpoll            : SUCCESS
testpools           : SUCCESS
testproc            : SUCCESS
testprocmutex       : |

I'm on an ARM "SheevaPlug" platform, I do not know if the "|" next
testprocmutx means it failed or what.  I've left the window running for
over 5 minutes; the other tests executed in a matter of seconds each, so
I'm guessing I've stumbled upon a problem.  I'll leave the session open
for the next couple of hours, just in case.

In the meantime, I joined this list to inquire if the testprocmutex is
something that should be quickly down, or is it suppose to take several
minutes or hours?

Is the fact that the test just hangs a bug?  I would think the testing
procedure would wrap the test to capture any processes gone awry and
then halt and report a failure.

Please let me know what I should do?

I've had Apache running on the Sheevaplug without incident for about a
year and half while riding the high watermarks of all releases and
modules; this is the first time in my ten years of using Apache that
I've been stumped.

Thank you.

John