apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject APR on Maemo
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:27:50 GMT
I've just successfully built APR and APU on Maemo,
Nokia's Linux-based operating system for pocket computers.
This was using native gcc-4.2 on ARM.

It went mostly smoothly, and passes all tests except
apr_xlate which it fails.  I have yet to investigate why,
but the suspicion must be that it erroneously sets a
HAVE_ICONV when I don't have it.

One build error: the tests for grep and egrep in configure
fail.  Removing the tests and setting GREP=grep, EGREP=egrep
fixes the problem.  Not sure why it should fail in the
first place.  The shell is "ash".

Some assembler messages which I have yet to investigate.

If it works mostly-smoothly on Maemo, I'd expect similar
outcomes on other ARM/Linux platforms including Android.

Just building HTTPD as I write.

--
Nick Kew