apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why do we need this pain?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 21:50:13 GMT
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:32, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh boo hoo, you can't reply to the list with just Reply. Get over it.
>> Hit "reply to all" and you'll be fine.
>
> I just love it when people get all rude for no reason at all.

That's not rude. That is just un-sympathetic. This kind of mailing
list behavior is common on the Internet, so people should be able to
deal with it. And they should be able to deal with reply-to-munging,
which is also quite common.

Somebody saying "consensus is reached [after 24 hours], so who do I
contact to change this?" is rude in my book. It never gave the
community time to comment on the issue. And changing the dynamics of
how the community talks to each other *is* something to give enough
time to. 72 hours. Minimum.

> Oh please be rude to me too, Greg!!!  Here goes:  "I hate reply-all as
> well because I always end up having to fix the To: and yank out the
> duplicate recipients with my mail client."

That's a statement of opinion. You gotta try harder to be rude :-)

Cheers,
-g