apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: why do we need this pain?
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:40:29 GMT

On Oct 5, 2010, at 3:46 PM, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> with almost all other lists we have set the reply-to address to the list, so if you just
hit reply then post goes to list as it should be - why the heck is that not true for the dev@apr
list??
> sure, I only need to take care of it, and hit 'reply to list', but too often I forget
about - and as shown in the past it happens to a lot of others too every now and then ...
> is there any reason why we cant have this equal with all ASF lists?

Please make Reply-To default to the list.  It's a discussion list, with discussions taking
place on-list.  So responses should go to the list.

It'd be different if this were an Announce type list.

S.

PGP FP: FC5A 6FC6 2E25 2DFD 8007  EE23 9BB8 63B0 F51B B88A

View my availability: http://tungle.me/sctemme