apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Vote] apr-util 1.5.x -> trunk
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 10:29:45 GMT
On 07 Oct 2010, at 12:22 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> These choices seem skewed to me.  "apr is apr-util/trunk" is a
> different concept than "rename 1.5.x to trunk."  Conceptually, "apr is
> apr-util trunk" whatever we decide.

I disagree, in the past, we had two projects, each with an independent
trunk and release cycle, one called apr, the other called apr-util. We
have chosen to retire the apr-util project, and have copied the
functionality into apr, but that doesn't make the apr-util project go

We will still need to make releases on apr-util in the v1.x series,
and we may need to bump v1.3 to v1.4, etc. For this, we need a
properly functional trunk, otherwise those following the standard svn
conventions face problems.

View raw message