apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apr-0.9.19 and/or apr-util-0.9.18
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:18:04 GMT
On 11.10.2010 15:59, Eric Covener wrote:
>>> Seems that our 0.9.18 build is looking in the wrong place.  This is a
>>> regression: -1.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else tested with bundled Expat?
>
> I had tested with explicit --with-expat=bundled, I am seeing when
> there is no system expat (and configure discovers the bundled expat)
> it has the extra /lib/ subdirs in it.

"It has in it": where? It is ncluded in the path APRUTIL_LDFLAGS, but
those are actually not really used (only for make check and even there
it works with the wrong path).

I also do use "--with-expat=builtin", not the "no system expat so use
bundled one" detection.

> Weirdly when I retested this implicit way, and could see the "bad"
> path in config.log, nothing was actually broken.

Would be interesting, which lines of config.log.

For Sander's build it seems libaprutil gets actually linked against
libexpat explicitely (and then libexpat is looked for in the wrong
directory). My Unix/Linux builds do not link libaprutil explicitely
against libexpat (neither for recent apr-util, not for earlier 0.9
releases). This differs from 1.3, where libaprutil is linked against
libexpat.

Regards,

Rainer