apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why do we need this pain?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 00:01:29 GMT
Am 07.10.2010 01:36, schrieb Mike Meyer:
> For the record - I'm against the change. RFC 2823 says the Reply-To
> header is an originator field, and the list is *not* the originator of
> the message.
the list *is* the originator since it sends the mail to me, and not you
personally, so this is probably again something to discuss ...
though I really dont want to start flame wars now about if an RFC
expresses things right or if its practical; for too many others its not
practical and I think that counts. I have to deal with a bunch of other
mailing lists, and with all I can just hit 'reply' without having to
care about, so its really anoying that I have to care about with this
one list - and in fact what happens is that I always 1st spam the
original author before I realize after a while that I didnt hit the list
(even just now happened). Also I find it equally annoying that I always
get 2 identical mails from such lists: one via list, and one directly
from author; not to mention other spamming effects such that the
reciepient's mailer collects my mail address automatically (probably as
default setting, and without knowing by the user), and in case of a
virus attack my address is amongst those harvested by the virus ...

Gün.