apr-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AIX-ers with a few minutes to test a makefile issue?
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 02:16:22 GMT
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> The submitter says make install bombs if APU_MODULES is empty, even
> after other fixes that made it work on Solaris.

testing with apr-1.4.x HEAD, an empty APU_MODULES causes that entire
target to be skipped. If I invoke the specific target
(install-modules-yes) then it does blow up but I don't think that's an
issue

configure.in:
if test -n "$APU_MODULES"; then
   APU_HAVE_MODULES=yes
else
   APU_HAVE_MODULES=no
fi

Makefile.in

install-modules: install-modules-@APU_HAVE_MODULES@

install-modules-no:

install-modules-yes: $(APU_MODULES)
        $(APR_MKDIR) $(DESTDIR)$(APU_DSO_LIBDIR)
        @for m in $(APU_MODULES); do $(LIBTOOL) $(LT_LTFLAGS)
$(LTFLAGS) --mode=install $(INSTALL) -m 755 $$m
$(DESTDIR)$(APU_DSO_LIBDIR); done

Maybe the reporter didn't re-configure and the solaris fix, which
guards install-modules-yes, is enough?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com