apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject conditional in apr_thread_proc.h
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:11:07 GMT
while checking for missing prototypes I just came over this in
apr_thread_proc.h:
#if APR_HAVE_STRUCT_RLIMIT
/**
  * Set the Resource Utilization limits when starting a new process.
  * @param attr The procattr we care about.
  * @param what Which limit to set, one of:
  * <PRE>
  *                 APR_LIMIT_CPU
  *                 APR_LIMIT_MEM
  *                 APR_LIMIT_NPROC
  *                 APR_LIMIT_NOFILE
  * </PRE>
  * @param limit Value to set the limit to.
  */
APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_procattr_limit_set(apr_procattr_t *attr,
                                                 apr_int32_t what,
                                                 struct rlimit *limit);
#endif

so the public API changes depending on APR_HAVE_STRUCT_RLIMIT which I
think is wrong; we need to remove the ifdef and all platforms which have
APR_HAVE_STRUCT_RLIMIT=0 need to provide a stub like in beos/proc.c:
APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_procattr_limit_set(apr_procattr_t *attr,
apr_int32_t what,
                                                   void *limit)
{
     return APR_ENOTIMPL;
}

it seems that this stub is missing for win32 and os/2 ...

unfortunately this is a very old add, so it affects all APR versions:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_thread_proc.h?r1=60147&r2=60146&pathrev=60147

comments?

Gün.