apr-dev mailing list archives

From Christian K. <christian.k.2...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple use of apr_initialize,apr_pool_create_ex and apr_dbm_open_ex
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:18:16 GMT
Hello again,

I was now able to further look into the problem with gdb (my first time I used
gdb).

It seems like that the problem is related to the usage of DSOs in aprutil and
that the old system where my application ran on did not use DSOs but static
libs. The previous system was CentOS.

It looks like that the function apu_dso_term does not decrement the initialised
counter as it should. Similarly also dbm_term does not touch the respective
initialised counter.

I guess the counter should be managed in a similar way as apr_initialize and
apr_terminate are doing it, here apr_terminate decrements the initialised
counter.

Best regards,

Christian