apr-dev mailing list archives

From John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thread handle leak in APR
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:04:32 GMT
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Prathima Dandapani -X (pdandapa - HCL
at Cisco) <pdandapa@cisco.com> wrote:
>  Hello APR team,
>
> We are observing Apache thread handle leak in windows.Apache's non paged
> pool memory blows up because of this and eventually none of other
> applications gets an handle.
> TaskManager shows Apache has 503 threads and 328,817 handles. Handles are
> very huge.
> Using process explorer when I checked the handles almost all of them are
> Apache threads.
> Kindly find the attachment for the same.
> Is this a bug?
> Let us know your views on this issue.

Was there any significant load on the Apache server?  Can you
reproduce it?  If so, how?

Are you using the Apache 2.2.10 binary distributed by Apache?

If you have rolled your own apr, could you let us know how you built
it (MSVC, msys, other) and any configure options, etc. that might be
relevant.

--
John Vandenberg