apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: Compiling and using apr_dbd_sqlite3
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:52:59 GMT
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:27 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> On 7/3/2010 8:53 AM, Sam Carleton wrote:
> >
> > Why?  why why why?  I simply don't get it
>
> Sam, please don't waste your energy venting at APR or any other open
> source effort, take your issues to MS just as we've all tried.

So if it is Microsoft stopping you, it leads me to believe Microsoft
has take some legal action to prevent the Apache Foundation from using
a compiler any newer then VC6.  Is that the case?  With the tidbit of
info you provided me about using the WDK libraries to link EXE/DLL's
using the MSVCRT, I had started to believe it was because the Apache
Foundation did not want to add the dependency of one of the newer
runtimes.

For the record, I found this blog about it.

http://kobyk.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/dynamically-linking-with-msvcrtdll-using-visual-c-2005/

I have succeeded in linking sqlite3 to use MSVCRT with VS2008.
Currently I am working on getting Axis2/C to link to the older
runtime.  Then I am going to move on to compile the ARP's sqlite3
driver to use MSVCRT.  So from a technical standpoint, this is most
definitely possible.

Sam