apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Compiling and using apr_dbd_sqlite3
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 07:21:38 GMT
On 7/2/2010 7:53 PM, Sam Carleton wrote:

> Do I need to compile the whole apr library, per the instructions on the
> web site or should I be able to simply convert the apr_dbd_sqlite3.dsp
> project to a Visual Studio 2008 project and compile it?

Twofold question.  First, db providers should be independently compilable,
so you are good in that regard.

Second, for every free(), close(), fclose() and other non-Win32 call to the
C API which corresponds to resource creation from within APR, you may expect
a segfault since these sorts of records are constrained to a single flavor
of the MSVCR library.  The httpd/apr distributed by the httpd project is
still built on MSVCRT/VC6.

I understand it's possible to build using the DDK libraries to target the
same MSVCRT, in which case you should have no problems whatsoever.  If you
build for a Studio 2008 SQLite/apr_dbd_sqlite module, then there may be
issues if sqlite allocates memory, etc, under the assumption that the caller
will then free those resources, and similarly the whole dbd interface.