apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: python3.1
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 06:31:10 GMT
On 5/21/2010 1:14 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 00:23, Philip M. Gollucci
> <pgollucci@ridecharge.com> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> So
>> http://docs.python.org/release/3.0.1/whatsnew/3.0.html#porting-to-python-3-0
>>
>> specifically says not to try to
>> if 2.x
>>  stuff
>> else 3.x
>>  other stuff
>> fi
So I'm guessing they know what they are talking about.
After making the import change suggested by gstien, I predictably get
the error below b/c of the List API changes.

http://docs.python.org/release/3.0.1/whatsnew/3.0.html#views-and-iterators-instead-of-lists

There are several more of these here as well.  To me my earlier thought
of keeping 2 copies makes more sense.

Thoughts?

See current patch attached thus far.

$./buildconf
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: python version 3.1.2 (ok)
buildconf: autoconf version 2.62 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 2.2.6b (ok)
buildconf: copying libtool helper files using /usr/local/bin/libtoolize
buildconf: creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in ...
buildconf: creating configure ...
buildconf: generating 'make' outputs ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build/gen-build.py", line 251, in <module>
    main()
  File "build/gen-build.py", line 67, in main
    objects, dirs = write_objects(f, legal_deps, h_deps, files)
  File "build/gen-build.py", line 205, in write_objects
    f.write('%s: %s .make.dirs %s\n' % (obj, file, string.join(vals)))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'join'
buildconf: rebuilding rpm spec file

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.