apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r920897 - /apr/apr/trunk/file_io/win32/open.c
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 20:22:12 GMT
On 5/20/2010 10:11 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> lame question months late:
>
> What is the compilation environment in which this ANSI_FS code is
> compiled -- i.e., WINNT is not defined?

Correct; windows 9x compatible versions such as APR 1.3.x and prior.

I'm tempted to gut this code, but understood some users hacked to use the
ANSI path only and forget all unicode/utf-8 resource naming, and adopted
only their machine's (SBCS/MBCS) code page.

For 2.0 APR, axing the ansi legacy seems wise.