apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r942897 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/mpm/prefork/prefork.c
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 21:26:45 GMT
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 03:30:29PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> The multiple-calls-to-pool_clear solution is definitely safer.

OK, so now I reviewed that too ;) The only difference between:

   apr_pool_clear(ptrans);
   apr_pool_destroy(pchild);

and simply:

   apr_pool_destroy(pchild);

(given that ptrans is a child of ptrans and _destroy runs cleanups in
child pools)

is that it hides problems in cleanup ordering/pool nesting.

I think PR 43857 is about the reslist cleanup issue in APR-util, r677505
and all that.  Not sure what the status of that is.

Regards, Joe