apr-dev mailing list archives

From jeanherve.qu...@free.fr
Subject apr with thread enable for log4cxx
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 07:35:08 GMT
Hi,
I’m working on windows XP with Cygwin, I have download libapr1-devel-1.3.8-1 and libaprutil1->devel-1.3.9-1
for use and compile the logger log4cxx from apache.
Basic functions (basic logger, appender and configuration) works pretty well, but when I decide
to use the method log4cxx::PropertyConfigurator::configureAndWatch("logger.conf",timeout)
instead of >the simple configure( ), I give a undefined reference at linkage.
This method starts a thread, which periodically watches the conf file to be able to dynamically
take change of configuration.

This problem seems to be known by log4cxx team as it refer here: http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/building/autotools.html

Is it possible to find the report about compile apr with thread enable, and to know if somebody
have succeed in building an apr library working good on cygwin with thread.

Regards,
Jean-Hervé Quéau