apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: allocator and using malloc alternatives
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 01:01:52 GMT
On 19 May 2010, at 00:12, Chris Knight wrote:

> Thanks, I mostly didn't want it to be part of apr_pool_create because then you'd have
to change every instance of calling apr_pool_create;

Yes of course.  It would be a separate create function, apr_pool_create_with_allocator
or something similar but less verbose, and certainly nearer apr_pool_create_ex.

> plus most users will not need this capability so rather not have 99% of apr_pool_create
calls with 3 NULL's at the end. Also the semantics get a little confusing in doing this at
apr_pool_create; is the apr_pool_t * allocated from the allocator_alloc_fn or via malloc()?

:-)

Surely, from the parent pool!  That's only a question in a top-level create.

--
Nick Kew