Yes, you're correct, it should be openldap

I tried running configure with --with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap and still couldn't get apr-util to compile
checking for ldap support...
checking for ldap_init in -l/usr/local/openldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -l/usr/local/openldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -l/usr/local/openldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -l/usr/local/openldap... no
configure: error: could not find an LDAP library
So I guess there's an issue with my openldap build?

The part that I don't understand is why do I need openldap if I'm trying to build apache to be able to authenticate to a Tivoli Directory Service.  In the end, I'm trying to get TDS ldap to work with apache and subversion.  Is there way to configure apr-util to use TDS or AIX ldap filesets?

Thanks,
Robert