Jeff Trawick wrote:
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

By rights, we should be moving apr_support.h out of include/, that was a first
mistake.  I have the same understanding as you, Mladen, but the authors of the
httpd mod_reqtimeout seem to be reaching their fingers into this header.

mod_proxy_fdpass does as well. So maybe we should make it public.

For an external API that satisfies this use case, I'd rather see
something like separate apr_file_wait()/apr_socket_wait() instead of
the current interface.  (They probably need enums for the I/O type
too, instead of the int flag.)

This can use wait-for-io-or-timeout internally if appropriate.

Sounds good. I can start hacking something together if there's agreement.