apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r930533 - /apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_support.h
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:14:21 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
> On 07.04.2010 13:31, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>> By rights, we should be moving apr_support.h out of include/, that was a first
>> mistake.  I have the same understanding as you, Mladen, but the authors of the
>> httpd mod_reqtimeout seem to be reaching their fingers into this header.
> mod_proxy_fdpass does as well. So maybe we should make it public.

For an external API that satisfies this use case, I'd rather see
something like separate apr_file_wait()/apr_socket_wait() instead of
the current interface.  (They probably need enums for the I/O type
too, instead of the int flag.)

This can use wait-for-io-or-timeout internally if appropriate.

View raw message