apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r930533 - /apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_support.h
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:41:20 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> On 04/07/2010 03:40 PM, Brian Havard wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure why but I didn't get your original email quoted below.
>>
>> I added the APR_DECLARE because I can't build httpd trunk without it.
>> apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout() is used in 2 places in httpd. The one
>> causing me trouble is in mod_reqtimeout.c. The other is
>> mod_proxy_fdpass.c but I don't have that enabled.
>>
>> I'm happy to reverse this if that's the right thing to do but httpd will
>> have to remove all references to the function.
>>

> I don't have a problem with making that API as public,
> but it shouldn't be declared inside the apr_support.h
> in that case.
> This header is for APR internal declarations only.

My 2 cents:

* apr_support.h shouldn't exist, at least in the main include directory
* apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout() shouldn't be considered public in APR 2.0
** yank it from public headers and let consuming projects adjust their
code (or they can offer an appropriate API that isn't a quick&dirty
interface for internal use)