apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crash in apr_psprintf(), 1.4.x branch
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:47:15 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Hyrum K. Wright
<hyrum_wright@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>> Digging deeper, it appears to be an error in apr_vformatter() when parsing the
format '%lld'.  I'm running the tests on Mac OS X where APR_OFF_FMT_T is defined as lld,
so this format occurs frequently.  Consequently, I'm also seeing a failure in testfmt at
line 63, where the parser is attempting to parse APR_OFF_FMT_T, but failing.  Can anybody
else replicate this bug?

>>> I'm a little new here, but would consider something like this is probably a blocker
for 1.4.x.  This may already have been discussed, but I haven't seen it, at least in the
past couple of months.

>> Are you forcing -arch i386 ?
>>
>> It may be you are hitting the problem with APR and universal binaries under
>> OS X. With Snow Leopard, this no longer works correctly, and
>> trying to compile both as i386 and x86-64 results in problems because
>> the actual C header files are different depending on which version is
>> built. A patch was put in awhile ago to fix this, but was vetoed.
>
> I'm using whatever './configure' spits out on Snow Leopard.  I don't see an explicit
'-arch' flag in the compiler flags

On Snow Leopard you must set the arch manually.  For example:

CC="cc -arch i386" ./configure ...

Are you encountering any problems on Snow Leopard if you set the arch
(either to 32-bit or 64-bit)?