apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Crash in apr_psprintf(), 1.4.x branch
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:50:29 GMT
On 3/10/2010 4:45 PM, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:

> Digging deeper, it appears to be an error in apr_vformatter() when parsing the format
'%lld'.  I'm running the tests on Mac OS X where APR_OFF_FMT_T is defined as lld, so this
format occurs frequently.  Consequently, I'm also seeing a failure in testfmt at line 63,
where the parser is attempting to parse APR_OFF_FMT_T, but failing.  Can anybody else replicate
this bug?

Yes, this function isn't maintained on Mac OS/X.  Which is something
of a surprise, given the number of Mac fans around here!

The defintions are very clear, %d must handle an (int) sized object,
%ld must handle a (long) sized object, and %lld must handle any
long long int sized object.  Patches welcome.

I plan to patch win32 to accept %I64[ld] because long long type was added
with VS 7.1, while %ll was not added until the more recent Visual Studio 8.
I64d goes further back in time to 6.0 or prior, and is how we specified
the format tag for APR_OFF_T_FMT etc.