apr-dev mailing list archives

From sidinsd <sid.schip...@ga.com>
Subject Re: APR and Windows Services
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:49:49 GMT

sidinsd wrote:

> It is almost as if the linking in of the apr_initialize() code somehow
> screws everything up. Has anybody heard of such a problem?

Well, I figured this one out myself. Apparently, the libapr1-dll file must
be in the same directory as the .exe file for the program you are running.
It has nothing to do with it being a Windows Service, this applies to any
program. My guess as to why this is required is that the loadDLL that the
system does for the apr_initialize() doesn't take into affect the PATH
environment variable and just looks in the current working directory. That
seems a bit silly, but putting the dll into the working directory solved my
problem, so I'm happy.