apr-dev mailing list archives

From sidinsd <sid.schip...@ga.com>
Subject APR and Windows Services
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:03:57 GMT

I wrote a small skeleton version of a program that uses the Apache Portable
Runtime on Windows XP. It worked fine. I then tried to place snippets of
that code into a Windows Service that I had previously written and it failed
miserabley. Just the placement of the apr_initialize() call into the code at
any point causes the service not to respond in a timely manner to the start
service request. I put breakpoints in the code under the debugger prior to
the call to apr_initialize(), but after the point where it responds with
"SERVICE_RUNNING" to the start service request and I never reached my
breakpoint. It is almost as if the linking in of the apr_initialize() code
somehow screws everything up. Has anybody heard of such a problem?