apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Help with building rpm for apr-util-1.3.9
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:31:08 GMT
On 22 Feb 2010, at 5:16 PM, Sean Smitz wrote:

> Where can I get the sources to build an rpm for apr-devel-1.3? Since
> there is a dependency for this to build the rpm for apr-util-1.3.9.
> I'm running RHEL5 and haven't found an rpm for my platform that
> meets the dependency requirement.

Using the standard released ASF tarballs for apr and apr-util, run the
following to create SRPMs:

rpmbuild -ts apr-<version>.tar.bz2
rpmbuild -ts apr-util-<version>.tar.bz2

(older apr releases required tar.gz files)

Run the following to create RPMs (or build from the SRPMs):

rpmbuild -tb apr-<version>.tar.bz2
rpmbuild -tb apr-util-<version>.tar.bz2

Resolve dependencies as appropriate (This works for me on RHEL5).

Regards,
Graham