apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory Szorc" <gregory.sz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.3.12
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:29:48 GMT
> Sure; it might be quicker to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to run the 1.3.12
> testall testpoll against apr 1.3.9's libapr before sorting through
> individual commits.

The instant I read this, I realized my shell likely had LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.
Sure enough, it was.  And, it was pointing to a path that had a 1.3.8 APR
shared library.  After unsetting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, `testall` found the proper
1.3.12 library and passed the aforementioned poll tests.

I suppose testall could be compiled to reference libapr-1.so.x.y.z instead
of libapr-1.so to minimize the possibility of this.  But, a bad environment
is a bad environment.

Sorry for the fire drill.  I'll try not to be so careless next time.

Greg