apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r899905 - in /apr/apr/trunk: include/ include/arch/unix/ poll/unix/ test/
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:06:59 GMT
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Neil Conway <nrc@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>> You move them back to the source module where they originated? :)
>>
>> I see some refactoring was done, perhaps in hindsight this refactoring
>> should be re-looked at.
>
> I don't see why: apr_pollset_wakeup() already used a "private"
> function that was called from several different source files
> (apr_pollset_drain_wakeup_pipe()). The apr_pollcb_wakeup() patch
> simply adds two more APR-internal functions, and moves the definition
> of all 3 functions to a separate source file.
>
> Neil

Agreed...

When apr_pollset_drain_wakeup_pipe() started being used from multiple
source files (for both pollcb_* and pollset_*), it did make sense to
move the implementation to a poll flavor-agnostic location (the new
wakeup.c) but it wasn't valid to drop the apr_ prefix (namespace
protection).  So we have to add that back.  And the two new helper
functions also need the apr_prefix.

Committing shortly...