apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Community question; always load expat for any apr application?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:29:45 GMT

On 20 Jan 2010, at 07:28, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> I'm about to revisit adding ICU support in place of our apriconv, and that
> would certainly be abstracted.  Expat certainly could be abstracted, but
> I'm not sure if we see there is a value in doing so?

+1 to abstract it.  We have lots of applications that require libxml2,
and those could be rationalised by switching to use it in apr_xml too.
There may be other use cases floating around.  Not to mention the
possibility of apps with no requirement for any apr_xml.

But don't bust a gut over it.  We've lived for years with it hardwired.

--
Nick Kew