apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cross compiling the APR suite
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:28:39 GMT

On 20 Jan 2010, at 01:02, NEAL, RYAN wrote:

> Hello,

Your mail would be more legible it you can stop your mailer
scrambling it into pseudo-HTML.

> ./configure CC=powerpc-linux-gcc --host=powerpc-linux --prefix=/tmp/target_filesystem/apr
ac_cv_file__dev_zero=yes ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes apr_cv_tcp_nodelay_with_cork=yes ac_cv_sizeof_struct_iovec=8
--enable-threads CXX=powerpc-linux-g++

Is this a cross-compile you're attempting?  If not, whence all those settings?

> /tmp/target_filesystem/apr/lib/libapr-1.so: warning: the use of LEGACY `utimes' is discouraged,
use `utime'

Could be worth following up ...

> /tmp/target_filesystem/apr/lib/libapr-1.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'

So it's compiled libapr with pthread for the target system but doesn't find it
on the host system.  Maybe it would help if you point your --with-apr
to the target apr's apr-1-config?

> Any ideas would be REALLY helpful.   I am stumped!

If we knew what you're really trying to do ....

Find exactly what failed in config.log.  Then try the same thing by hand,
and tweak that until you have it working.  You can then work backwards
to the build options and/or patches you may need.

Nick Kew

View raw message