apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Community question; always load expat for any apr application?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:28:13 GMT
We have really trimmed down the footprint of apr as a loadable library,
so the very last not-dynamic component is expat.

It's small and lightweight, and I just wanted to confirm that the devs
are all comfortable that xml is pervasive enough to merit binding expat
with libdl every time a user launches an apr-based application.

I'm about to revisit adding ICU support in place of our apriconv, and that
would certainly be abstracted.  Expat certainly could be abstracted, but
I'm not sure if we see there is a value in doing so?

Thoughts?