apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Patch] RE: Windows drive letter check fails on lower case current working drive
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:04:42 GMT
On 1/19/2010 5:19 AM, Bert Huijben wrote:
> 	Ping,
>
> This issue (and mailinglist thread) is now more than two months old. The latest patch
adds a testcase showing the issue in the APR testsuite. (There is also an XFail test in the
subversion testsuite for this issue)

> The patch was written on the 1.4.x branch but I svn switch'ed it to trunk for easy application.

I'll commit/backport this right after tagging 1.4.2; presuming nobody
notices any issues, this behavioral change will appear in 1.4.3.

I'm still uncomfortable adding behavior-changing patches while we are
attempting to pull off a regression-fix release, as you pointed out with
respect to the hash/table flaw.  So we can let 1.4.3 be a little more
experimental and subject to a little extra scrutiny, while the users
can put their hands already on 1.4.2 and resume using the most recent
apr release with their svn package :)