apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonts, Richard" <Richard.Yo...@smss.sony.com>
Subject FW: Dynamic memory at runtime update and question
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:59:12 GMT
Eric,

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now.

I was hoping to avoid the design decision that I have to make now--deciding beforehand what
size of shared memory block to obtain.  I had hoped that I could simply allow the available
resources be available to me, not wasting any space with an overestimate, not getting thwarted
by an underestimate.

I am aware of RMM with SHM and will now implement my scheme using that setup.  Your explanation
of the spawning of child processes is what made all the difference.  I see now how the shared
memory works, I was misunderstanding it before.

Thanks for your help and time.

Rich Yonts
sola fide, sola gratia, solus Christus, sola Scriptura, soli Deo gloria