apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r890781 - /apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/STATUS
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:14:09 GMT
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:55 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> +    * Resolve hook probe support; current APR-Util 1.4.0-dev has only the
>> +      --enable-dtrace configure option which can't be used in a general
>> +     purpose build of APR-Util.  See this thread:
>> +       http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@apr.apache.org/msg22534.html
>> +
> To clarify, is the suggestion to move hooks to apr?  I'm not 100% clear.

(oops, my lackadaisical STATUS commit log led you astray*)

no; I'm just warning that I intend to replace the curent DTrace-only
hook probe support in the 1.4.x branch with something more generally
useful, at the same time axing the configure-time enable-ment of
probes which meant that any app using hooks that built against that
APR-Util include directory had to also implement the probes

I'll first commit my current patch with some commentary fixes to trunk
in the a.m. unless someone has some concerns that need to be

*my "why are hooks in apr?" lament in the commit log was referring to
APR[-Util] as a whole; what besides httpd actually uses these?

View raw message