apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r890781 - /apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x/STATUS
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:55:56 GMT

>  RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>
> +    * Resolve hook probe support; current APR-Util 1.4.0-dev has only the
> +      --enable-dtrace configure option which can't be used in a general
> +     purpose build of APR-Util.  See this thread:
> +       http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@apr.apache.org/msg22534.html
> +

To clarify, is the suggestion to move hooks to apr?  I'm not 100% clear.

If so, I'm all for scuttling 1.4.1 since I also want to see us introduce
incomplete type macros in 1.4 to solve problems similar to those encountered
in the apr_crypto_t types.  Although it appears this may not help the current
crypto_t problems since it the context omitted the crypto_device_t *.

Let us know.