apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Quick things, apr/apr-util releases
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:12:55 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Or take it one step further. I want to harm APR and each time there is an
> API change in trunk I publish a product that ships with this trunk snapshot,
> does this force us to burn another release number in APR?

To restate what I said probably over on httpd, the only APR artifacts that
actually 'count' are those in http://www.apache.org/dist/ - everything else
is just developer activity, or noise.

Ignoring asc/md5/sha1 hashes, the number of downloads from /dev/dist/ of this
candidate were 1462.  The number of downloads from /dist/ which are all we
would actually care about were 9914, not factoring in the few log files with
broken permissions, and this says nothing of downloads from the mirrors.

I was expecting ~10,000k installations of this 1.4.0-dev copy of apr[-util],
and I'm guessing that number is close, if not understated.