apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Quick things, apr/apr-util releases
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:23:42 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> Clearly we aren't going to get agreement by repeating the same arguments
> back at each other, so let's vote on this and move on to doing something
> useful.

I've demonstrated the technical rational to this argument, you can't
demote a technical veto to an opinion through a vote.

I completely agree that APR is not responsible for httpd's mess.  I'm only
pointing out that the vast majority install apr from a packager (no trouble)
or from an httpd package (therein lies the trouble).