apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] APR versioning rules w.r.t. released snapshots
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:18:32 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> Snapshots of the APR and APR-util 1.4.x trees have been distributed by
> as part of the httpd 2.3.4 alpha release.  Should the APR project treat
> those snapshots as "releases" for versioning purposes?  In other words,
> should we ensure future APR/APR-util releases maintain source and binary
> backwards compatibility with those snapshots as required by the
> versioning guidelines, http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html?
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] Yes
> [ ] No

By the way, if the answer turns out to be "no", then we can do the
cryptoapi changes that were discussed in another thread for 1.4; and I
was made aware of a patch to make pools friendlier to long-lived
multithreaded applications which would be a nice-to-have (conceptually)
in the 1.x series.

-- Brane